Dactylonomy Poster final design
For my Dactylonomy poster I started by placing guides in the most obvious places so down the middle of the poster as well as dividing the poster so that i could position any text as well as imagery easily.
I began with the publishers logo placed at the head of the poster as a keystone of the poster so that when an audience looks at the publishers logo first incase they are interested in other books they have published. After the logo I placed the title of the book with the authors name and the release date underneath all centered underneath the title bringing down the readers eye towards the center of the poster.
For the hands I used the same method as on the onychaphagy which was to add a Photoshop effect of “Poster Edges” and then using the pen tool I constructed the hand and the shading and various skin tones and then added fingernails. Each of these hands took over an hour each and and was the longest part of the poster to create and was the most difficult to get the skin tones to match up without them looking out of place.
For the definition I repeated the step like the title and author’s name written in Gill Sans Regular and altered the kerning also to make sure that it was still easy to read from afar as well as making it easy for the audience to read. If i could improve this poster I think I would spend more time arranging the hands as well as adding more detail to them.